In this lesson students define wildfire and use diagrams and maps to predict, identify and explain Minnesota wildfire locations.
OBJECTIVES: The student will be able to define wildfire.
1. Outline a PowerPoint presentation.
2. Define Firewise terminology.
3. Identify home fire risk factors.
4. Understand assessment techniques used to determine Firewise property.
5. Identify steps communities can take to promote Firewise goals.
ESTIMATED TIME One 50-minute class period.
Wildland/Urban Interface Links